Thursday, November 26, 2009

Freedom From Want: American Thanksgiving

Corny, isn't it? Norman Rockwell's now- iconic rendition of Thanksgiving, originally called "Freedom From Want".

I won't go into past Thanksgiving mishaps involving my family. No need for that here. But rest assured, there are plenty. Plenty, brothers and sisters, believe me.

I'll just say, that despite my own Thanksgiving history, it remains my favorite holiday. It is untarnished. In my memory it looks just like Rockwell's vision, except I don't recognize anyone in the painting. Well, maybe the guy in the bottom right looking at the artist. He's in a lot of my photographs.

So, I'll just wish faithful L by L readers a very happy Thanksgiving. I have a lot of blessings to count, a couple of folks to miss, and much to be thankful for. And I hope you do too.

1 comment:

EmLit said...

This is the best "happy thanksgiving" I've ever read. Thank you!